Traditional Brazilian Brigadeiro
Whether you're baking for a special occasion or just simply seeking out a weekend treat, the Brigadeiro is a classic Brazilian treat set to please all.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 hour
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Recipe serves: 8
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Granulated chocolate
- In a pan mix together the condensed milk, cocao powder and butter or margarine.
- In a low heat, stir continuously until you can start to see the mixture is no longer sticking bottom of the pan as you mix.
- Place the mixture onto a buttered plate to cool.
- To make the balls, with buttered hand, place the mixture flatly into your hand.
- Roll the balls in the granulated chocolate covering all side, then place in case.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Kathryn Rhodes - Travel Expert
Kathryn backpacked across Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru before joining us. She has a degree in Philosophy and French and is a keen netball player.
Chris Rendell-Dunn - Travel Expert
Anglo-Peruvian Chris grew up in Lima and spent much of his adult life in between London and Cusco as a tour leader, before settling permanently in our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours sales team.
Lina Fuller - Travel Expert
Lina's passion for the continent where she was born really took off when she moved to Córdoba (Argentina) to study, spending the holidays travelling between Argentina and her native Colombia.
Carrie Gallagher - Travel Expert
A former JLA tour leader, Carrie brings a wealth of on-the-ground experience to our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours department.
Mary Anne Nelson - Travel Expert
Born in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, Mary’s insider knowledge and dry sense of humour make her a highly valued member of the Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tour sales team.
Alex Walker - Travel Expert
A globetrotter since her childhood, Alex spent a year studying abroad in Guadalajara and has returned to Latin America countless times since then.