Travelling on a small group tour is a fantastic way to experience all that Latin America has to offer. You'll get to know other like-minded travellers on an inspiring shared journey.
Our Escorted Group Tours to Central and South America are designed to let you explore the stunning sights of Central and South America with our exceptional tour leaders. With our group tours, you can fully immerse yourself in the culture, and the delicious traditional cuisine this region has to offer, and meet with like-minded travellers to share the exhilarating experience.
Why choose an Escorted Group Tour to Latin America?
Journey Latin America were one of the first to offer escorted group tours in South America, and we continue to strive to create outstanding holidays for you to enjoy. As well as offering trips we know and love, we continually search for new and exciting holidays. We use our expert knowledge to shape our Escorted Group Tours and also listen to your feedback. All Journey Latin America tours include:
- Small group size – with a minimum of just four passengers and a maximum of 20 .Our smaller group sizes also mean we can stay in more remote places, and use vehicles to suit the group's size and needs.
- Fully escorted tours – our tours are accompanied by our exceptional trained tour leaders who use their in-depth knowledge from years of travel, living and working on the continent to give you an authentic holiday experience. They speak the local language and deal with the practicalities, adapting circumstances that arise and the individual needs of the group.
- Solo travellers – our escorted tours to Central and South America run with a broad mix of demographics, but all with one thing in common - a love of travel. Our escorted group tours are ideal if you're travelling alone. There's no supplement if you're willing to share with someone of the same sex. But if you'd prefer, you can opt to pay for a single room and guarantee your own space.
- Included in the tour price – Main excursion (optional excursions are available to book locally with no mark-ups). Breakfast and some meals with the freedom to eat at any time. Food recommendations and tips given by the tour leader.
What type of Escorted Group Tour is right for me?
Whether you want to travel off-the-beaten track on one of our Discovery group tours or in more comfort and style on a Classic tour, we have a range of options to choose from. Just speak to one of our specialists to find out which of our group tours in Central and South America will best suit you.
All of our escorted group tours at Journey Latin America are sustainable, and we’re careful to limit the impact we have on the places we visit. We’re proud to have holidays features on ResponsibleTravel.com.
Your safety during these uncertain times is our top priority. For full details of our planning and procedures, visit our Safe Journeys page. For groups of six or more family and friends, we are excited to offer our entirely private Bubble Tours.
Contact our Travel Experts today to start planning your tour in Central and South America now.
Classic Group Tours
Explore the most iconic destinations across Central and South America in utter comfort and style on a Classic Group Tour. Each of these holidays offers the chance to experience Latin America’s staggering landscapes and vibrant cities in the company of like-minded travellers. Every night you’ll return to our favourite hotels, which have been chosen especially for their superb facilities, elegant décor and first-rate services.
With good roads, luxury trains and comprehensive local flight networks now connecting the continent’s key destinations, we’ve planned comfortable routes with private vehicles to take you from place-to-place. You’ll be eating well, too. Our award-winning tour leaders have an unrivalled knowledge of Latin America’s best-kept culinary secrets, and can recommend delicious regional specialities and wines at some of the finest restaurants across the continent.
Why choose our Classic Group Tours
- Superior small group holidays with a maximum of 20
- Highlights of countries in complete comfort
- Private vehicles used throughout
- Upper Mid-range and first class properties throughout
- Journey Latin America tour leader throughout
Discovery Group Tours
Gain a deeper insight into the magnificent landscapes, vibrant cultures and ancient history of Latin America on a Discovery Group Tour. These holidays offer authenticity and value-for-money, staying in cosy family-run hotels and guesthouses where you’ll get a real feel for the local culture.
Our award-winning tour leaders have an unrivalled knowledge of Central and South America and will show you the back roads that tourists don’t often see. You’ll explore everything from new hiking trails to bustling marketplaces serving traditional delicacies, with plenty of local fiestas along the way! To get you around as quickly and comfortably as possible, we use a mixture of private and public transport.
A fantastic range of destinations are included in these adventurous tours, so you certainly won't be short of activities. Try exploring Peru in-depth, or check out the breathtaking natural beauty of Brazil.
Why choose our Discovery Group Tours
- Why Choose Our Discovery Tour
- Country highlights and off the beaten track itineraries
- Very comfortable mid-range hotels and family run properties
- Private vehicles and luxury public coaches
- Journey Latin America tour leader throughout
Our Bubble Tours are ideal for select groups of friends and family looking to travel together on their own private group tour. Not only will you be accompanied at all times by one of our expert tour leaders, but you’ll also benefit from complete flexibility to choose your own departure dates. Your group should have at least six members, with a supplement of just £250 per person, while for groups of eight or more there is no extra cost.
Why choose our Bubble Tours
- Travel in your own private bubble of six or more people
- Journey Latin America Tour Leader throughout
- Flexibility to choose your own departure dates
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Real Latin America Experts
Mary Anne Nelson - Travel Consultant
Born in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, Mary’s insider knowledge and dry sense of humour make her a highly valued member of the Tailor-made team.
Sophie Barber - Travel Consultant
Sophie lived in Chile before joining us and has travelled extensively across Latin America, from Mexico to the furthest tip of Patagonia.
Jim Ashworth - Product & Marketing
Jim first caught the Latin American travel bug in 2001 when he decided at the last minute to join a friend travelling around Central America – he hasn't looked back since.
Carrie Gallagher - Travel Consultant
A former JLA tour leader, Carrie brings a wealth of on-the-ground experience to our London-based Escorted Groups team.
Hannah Waterhouse - Travel Consultant
Hannah had an early introduction to Latin America when her family moved to Ecuador and she returned to study in Buenos Aires for a year before backpacking across the continent.
Hannah Donaldson - Travel Consultant
Having spent part of her childhood in Colombia and worked in Brazil and Costa Rica, Hannah's ties to Latin America run deep. Hannah is an invaluable part of our Group Tours team.