As the UK’s no.1 specialist in sustainable and responsible travel to Latin America, we are committed to protecting the incredible people, natural habitats and diverse wildlife of the continent we love.
Our Animal Welfare Policy ensures that all services we offer involving an element of animal interaction follow the best practice guidelines, and that our activities do not have a detrimental effect on wild, captive or working animals. We believe all animals involved in our holiday experiences should be healthy, comfortable, well-nourished, safe, able to express natural behaviour and are protected from unpleasant feelings such as pain and distress.
Our comprehensive animal welfare policy includes:
- We advocate for improved animal welfare standards and responsible tourism practices for any experiences involving animals.
- We will never knowingly include or promote holiday activities that put people or animals at risk.
- We seek to protect animals and plants that may be threatened by trade.
- We encourage our staff, clients and partners to monitor animal welfare standards throughout our operations, and report concerns back to us, so we can take appropriate action.
- We work with our partners locally to improve standards through raising awareness of animal welfare concerns.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Real Latin America Experts
Kathryn Rhodes - Travel Expert
Kathryn backpacked across Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru before joining us. She has a degree in Philosophy and French and is a keen netball player.
Paul Winrow-Giffin - Travel Expert
After graduating in Computer Science, Paul spent seven months travelling from Colombia to Argentina and came home hooked on Latin America.
Hannah Donaldson - Travel Expert
Having spent part of her childhood in Colombia and worked in Brazil and Costa Rica, Hannah's ties to Latin America run deep. Hannah is a much valued Travel Expert in our Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tours sales team.
Evie Oswald - Travel Expert
It's hard to believe that Evie has had time to cram so much in to her life so far. Having lived as a child in the Americas and Europe she found herself immediately attracted to Latin America.
Carrie Gallagher - Travel Expert
A former JLA tour leader, Carrie brings a wealth of on-the-ground experience to our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours department.
Mary Anne Nelson - Travel Expert
Born in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, Mary’s insider knowledge and dry sense of humour make her a highly valued member of the Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tour sales team.