Watermelon MojitoJenny Powles - Product & Marketing
With the UK momentarily basking in some elusive sunshine, what could be better on a lovely summer's day than a sweet and refreshing watermelon mojito? As pleasing to the eye as it is to the taste buds, this blend of tropical fruit with the more traditional mojito ingredients of rum and mint would be perfect for an impromptu cocktail night with friends. You could even freeze it into ice lolly moulds for a playful take on a grown-up drink.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Recipe serves: 6
- Flesh of 1 watermelon, pips removed
- 400ml white rum
- Juice of 6 limes
- 60ml sugar syrup
- 20g fresh mint leaves
- Large sprinkle of rough cut sugar (optional)
- 6 small red chillies (optional)
- Purée the watermelon with the lime juice and mint in a blender or food processor.
- Ideally use a cocktail shaker to mix the blended watermelon juice with the rum and syrup (if you do not have one simply mix well with a stirrer in a large jug).
- Optionally, scatter the sugar over a large flat surface such as a chopping board, rub a slice of lime around the rim of your cocktail glasses and dip the rim into the sugar to coat it all the way around. Tap each glass lightly to remove any excess sugar. Make a long incision through the bottom half of each chilli and attach one
- Fill glasses with ice and pour out your cocktail mixture into each glass. Serve immediately.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip