Valentine’s Day Brazilian Beijinhos – ‘Little Kisses’
3 February 2014
Not really a cake, not quite a sweet, a beijinho is a typical treat from Brazil that can be found wherever there's a celebration, although they're particularly appropriate on Valentine's Day or 'Dia dos Namorados' (Day of Lovers) as it's known in Brazil.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Recipe serves:10
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsps unsalted margarine
- About 50g granulated sugar
- Mix the condensed milk, coconut and margarine in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring well to prevent it sticking, until the mixture takes on a thick consistency.
- Let the mixture cool, then form it into small balls.
- Pour out enough sugar to lightly cover a chopping board, then roll each of the balls through the sugar to coat them. (You might prefer to coat the balls in more desiccated coconut instead of sugar, which is a popular alternative.)
- Put each of the beijinhos in a small cake case if desired, and serve or save for later.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip