Picana de Pollo – Bolivian Christmas Chicken Stew
This is an easy and delicious traditional Bolivian recipe packed with hearty flavours and healthy goodness. Serves 8.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 3 hours
- Total time: 3 hour, 20 minutes
- Recipe serves: 8
- 1 chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup green peas, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato, peeled and minced
- 3 carrots, cut into strips of four
- 1 fresh chili pepper, cut into eight pieces
- 1 small thyme branch, minced
- 1 small celery stick
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely minced
- 3 whole-grain black
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water or broth
- 8 whole potatoes, peeled
- 16 round slices corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a large casserole dish, except potatoes. Mix very well. Add potatoes so that they are on top of all other ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for two to three hours.
- In a deep serving plate, serve a piece of chicken, potato and corn, and top with a good amount of broth.