Mussels with a Peruvian salsa topping
16 December 2013
Choros a la Chalaca
A Peruvian starter of mussels topped with tangy salsa.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- Recipe serves: 6
- 1kg Mussels
- 2 Red onions, finely diced
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped into cubes
- 1 Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Carefully wash and debeard the mussels, discarding any that remain open when tapped.
- Boil the mussels in salted water until they open - discard any that do not.
- Snap the shells in half and throw away the empty halves.
- Mix all the other ingredients and top each mussel with a spoonful.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip