Crab and coconut soup
13 May 2014
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Recipe serves: 4
- 500g pre-cooked crab meat
- 1 litre fish stock
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dendê (palm) oil for colouring - or paprika makes a good substitute
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and gently fry the onions, chilli and garlic over a low heat until the onions become translucent.
- Add the tomato and allow to reduce for ten to fifteen minutes before adding the stock. Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil, then simmer for a further five minutes.
- Add the crab meat, coconut milk, coriander, lime juice and dendê oil or paprika. Season to taste and stir well, then serve.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip