Colombian Cola Rice-
Our Real Latin America Expert
An easy Colombian side dish that provides plenty of flavour, not to mention a bit of a talking point!
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Recipe serves: 8
- 2 cups rice (white or brown)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups cola
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 tbsps chopped, toasted almonds
- 3 tbsp raisins
- Generous pinch of salt
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chopped onion, stirring until softened and translucent.
- Add the rice and cook for around two minutes until the rice has become opaque, stirring often.
- Add the cola and salt and bring to a boil, then stir in the raisins and almonds and lower the heat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Remove from heat, fluff the rice and serve.