Chilean Glazed SalmonMary Anne Nelson - Travel Expert
15 November 2013
Enjoy this delicious Chilean dish of grilled wild salmon in a horseradish and mustard glaze with a glass of crisp Chilean sauvignon blanc.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Recipe serves: 4
- 4 boneless and skinless salmon fillets (preferably wild rather than farmed salmon)
- 4 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps honey
- 4 tbsps horseradish sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon salt, coarsely ground
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive oil as required
- Combine the mustard, honey, horseradish and lemon zest in a bowl, mixing well.
- Rub the salmon with olive oil and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Grill (on a medium setting) the salmon fillets on both sides until lightly browned. Do not overcook: you want the inside of the fish to be very moist and tender.
- Coat the top of the salmon fillets in the mustard mixture and return to the grill for about a minute or so until glazed. Turn and repeat on the other side.
- Sprinkle each fillet with lemon salt and serve with greens and/or a side salad.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip