This speciality of the Peruvian capital is a delicious tower of mashed potato and seafood cocktail.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Recipe serves: 4
- 6 potatoes
- 1/2 a large avocado
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300-400g fresh crabmeat
- 1 tsp finely chopped chilli
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise or thousand island dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil then mash the potato and let the mash cool.
- Mix together the mashed potato, chilli, garlic, parsley, oil, lime, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture out evenly over grease-proof paper and top with the mayonnaise, evenly spread. Layer the crabmeat, slices of boiled egg and sliced avocado over the top.
- Remove grease-proof paper as you roll up the mixture (like a swiss roll) and cut into slices.
- Serve topped with boiled egg and avocado.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Lina Fuller - Travel Expert
Lina's passion for the continent where she was born really took off when she moved to Córdoba (Argentina) to study, spending the holidays travelling between Argentina and her native Colombia.
Carrie Gallagher - Travel Expert
A former JLA tour leader, Carrie brings a wealth of on-the-ground experience to our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours department.
Chris Rendell-Dunn - Travel Expert
Anglo-Peruvian Chris grew up in Lima and spent much of his adult life in between London and Cusco as a tour leader, before settling permanently in our London-based Tailor-made and Group Tours sales team.
Hannah Donaldson - Travel Expert
Having spent part of her childhood in Colombia and worked in Brazil and Costa Rica, Hannah's ties to Latin America run deep. Hannah is a much valued Travel Expert in our Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tours sales team.
Alex Walker - Travel Expert
Kathryn Rhodes - Travel Expert
Kathryn backpacked across Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru before joining us. She has a degree in Philosophy and French and is a keen netball player.