What We Love About Latin America
At Journey Latin America all of our staff members have either lived, worked or travelled extensively across the continent which means that over the years we've accumulated a long list of experiences and places that we love.
Take a look at what some of our staff members love about Latin America.
- Driving in Colombia is a real adventure. It's a great experience if you relish the chance to drive up steep winding mountain roads, with a stunning views around every corner. The scenery is stupendous.
Mary Anne Nelson, Senior Travel Consultant
- Our young son was trilled to rise to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain in a cable car. It was an experience the entire family could appreciate, no matter the age. I’d recommend Brazil holidays to any adventurers travelling with a family.Chris Rendell-Dunn, Senior Travel Consultant
- One of my best food memories is of exploring Oaxaca's markets... stalls piled high with chillies and more interestingly dried crickets which, consumed with a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lime, are delicious!
Konrad Mludzinski, Travel Consultant
- A real treat on our honeymoon was when our guide on Easter Island took us by surprise one morning to Anakena Beach. There waiting for us was a bottle of bubbly and a private picnic fit for a king and queen! They made an already special holiday even more special, filled with unique moments.
Laura Rendell-Dunn, PR and Business Development Manager
- Snorkelling with Galápagos hammerhead sharks is my most memorable underwater experience but my most exciting wildlife encounter was the sighting of a jaguar prowling in Peru's Manu National Park.
Ben Line, Bespoke Manager
- The Weaver's Trail in Peru not only had me in spectacular scenery but also gave a great glimpse of local life which I was keen to having on my trip. There wasn't another tourist around for two days, just groups of curious children which came to greet us.
Hannah Donaldson, Senior Travel Consultant
- I truly love all things about Latin America, take the culture, the history and the people and add magnificent mountain ranges, pristine beaches, steamy jungles and fantastic ruins. All of it combines to create unique, beautiful and fascinating destination.
Jim Ashworth, Group Tours Manager
- Pucón in Chile had to be my number one destination in Latin America. I've always loved adventure sports, and for adrenaline junkies like me, Pucón is the perfect playground.
Caroline Maber, Senior Travel Consultant
- Travelling from the surreal expanse of the sparkling Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia to the dry desert landscape of the Atacama, Chile was an unforgettable experience!
Paul Winrow-Giffin, Senior Travel Consultant
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration
Paul Winrow-Giffin - Travel Expert
After graduating in Computer Science, Paul spent seven months travelling from Colombia to Argentina and came home hooked on Latin America.
Lina Fuller - Travel Expert
Lina's passion for the continent where she was born really took off when she moved to Córdoba (Argentina) to study, spending the holidays travelling between Argentina and her native Colombia.
Mary Anne Nelson - Travel Expert
Born in the Atacama Desert in northern Chile, Mary’s insider knowledge and dry sense of humour make her a highly valued member of the Tailor-made Holidays and Group Tour sales team.
Charlotte Daubeney - Travel Expert
Charlotte's fascination with Latin America began with a family holiday to Belize. She went on to study Spanish in school and at university before spending a year living in Santiago, Chile.
Sally Dodge - Travel Expert
A former Journey Latin America tour leader, Sally spent 7 years working, travelling and living throughout Latin America before returning to the UK to help people arrange their own adventures to this wonderful destination.
Ben Line - Travel Expert
Ben fell in love with Latin America on a six month backpacking trip from Colombia to Mexico in 1995. Since then he has explored most of South America, including living in Peru for a year. He is now Head of Sales.