Corn Fritters with Soured Cream DipJenny Powles - Product & Marketing
30 November 2013
A simple and very tasty appetiser using a Latin American staple, corn.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Recipe serves: 6
Ingredients for the fritters
- 100g sweetcorn (tinned is fine)
- 100g flour
- 1/2 a hot chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50ml milk or cream
- Bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, diced
- Generous pinch of rock salt
- 1/2 a tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 large egg
Ingredients for the dip
- 100g soured cream
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix together all the dip ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the bicarbonate of soda, flour and salt in a large bowl, then slowly whisk in the egg and milk/cream to make a batter.
- When smooth, add the sweetcorn, coriander, chilli and spring onions.
- Add a liberal amount of cooking oil to a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add the mixture to the pan in medium-sized dollops, around five at a time. Cook for around a minute on each side, or until the surface is golden brown all over.
- Serve with the dip.
Alternatively serve with either guacamole or salsa.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America created to match your exact requirements: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.Design my trip