Vacancy Product Executive or Manager
vacancy: product executive or manager*
(*dependent on experience)
A rare opportunity to join the Product team at award-winning Journey Latin America, the UK’s leading specialist tour operator for travel to Central & South America.
You will have ownership for the management and development of a portfolio of destinations within our region. Working with our overseas partners and inhouse teams to offer inspirational and sustainable holiday experiences, product design, sales support, rates, systems, information management and problem solving all form part of this varied role.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, articulate, and resourceful individual looking to join a dynamic team of people who are passionate about travel and Latin America.
- Product management & delivery
Responsible for maintenance of designated products, ensuring the Sales team has the information needed to facilitate sales.
- Rates, information & systems management
Support the process of getting rates and product information accurately and clearly presented in the reservations system and Journey Latin America website, seeking solutions to issues and sourcing additional information as required.
- Sales Support
Assisting the Sales team to help facilitate sales and troubleshooting to resolve queries.
- Broader business support
Involvement in business-wide projects.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Travel industry experience, ideally in a product or sales role.
- Demonstrable passion for and geographical knowledge of Latin America, including first hand travel experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Organised, numerate, with a keen attention to detail and a drive to seek solutions and see things to completion.
- A polite manner and the ability to easily develop rapport within the team and with a range of suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail, an organised approach to work, a well-developed sense of responsibility and the ability to set and achieve high standards.
- Ability to prioritise a high workload, multi-task and work to strict deadlines.
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work, prepared to take on extra tasks, solve problems and support colleagues as required.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and unsupervised plus the desire to contribute to the success of the team.
- Resilience to the inevitable setbacks that come with the territory and a willingness to learn positively from them.
- A competitive salary, based on role and experience.
- Hybrid working: 3 days in the office, 2 working from home.
- 28 days annual leave (incl. bank holidays, increasing with service).
- Potential travel opportunities to Latin America.
- We are supportive of personal holidays to Latin America with fantastic offers and discounts available to staff, family and friends.
- Staff also have access to ‘friends and family’ discounts and special offers from sister companies in the Kuoni/Der Touristik UK travel group to which we belong.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection Insurance against long-term absence from work.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Journey Latin America was founded over 40 years ago out of a love of the continent.
This shared passion for travel to Latin America means we have always had a strong, sociable, and informal company culture and is one of the reasons our staff retention is so high. Every Thursday afternoon the whole company comes together to enjoy a well-earned break as the senior managers wheel out the well-stocked drinks and snacks trolley. Other popular events in the company calendar include the summer and Christmas parties. Many staff also socialise outside of work, taking full advantage of the excellent pubs and restaurants in the area. Located in Stamford Brook, right next to one of the city’s loveliest stretches of the River Thames, we have numerous parks and green spaces right on our doorstep. Chiswick and Hammersmith offer a great array of shops, cafes, and restaurants to enjoy within easy walking distance. Whilst the company has an independent spirit, we are proud to be part of the Kuoni/Der Touristik UK travel group.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV with a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and suitability for the role. Please also include a travel profile with the Latin American destinations and dates you have visited.
Please email your application to: Antonio Vaquero email@example.com
Deadline 30 September 2022