Safe Journey – Group Tours
Keeping our customers, staff and local communities safe
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the safety and security of our customers has been our number one priority at Journey Latin America. Throughout this period the team has been working hard with our partners throughout Latin America to make sure that Covid-safety is considered throughout your holiday experience.
Global advice, local intelligence
Our Covid-safety planning is based on the most up to date recommendations of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the UNWTO, whilst also taking on board local policies and advice from our wide range of contacts and experts on the ground. While the situation continues to evolve, we are here to help you have a safe and enjoyable travel experience through every step of your journey.
Before you depart:
- With the help of our tour leaders, ground suppliers and local contacts we are constantly monitoring the situation in every town, city and country visited on our tours. We are carefully considering government advice from across the globe, be that from the FCO, the Department of State or local Latin American authorities. If we don’t think your trip can be run safely or enjoyed to the fullest, we will cancel or postpone it.
- We’ve contacted all our suppliers in Latin America, who in turn have contacted every driver, guide and hotel. Your vehicles will be cleaned before every journey and the hotels will be following strict cleanliness guidelines and operating procedures.
- Whether your holiday departs next week or next year, our team is always on hand whenever you need to contact us. If you have any questions, doubts or just want to chat, we will be here. If our tour is running, but you are unable or unwilling to travel yet, simply let us know and we will endeavour to help with our newly enhanced Flexible Booking Policy.
- Our Escorted Group Tours have always been small, with an average of just eight passengers. But until we feel the global situation has improved, we will be limiting our numbers to a maximum of 12 for all departures.
- Our tours run the length and breadth of Latin America. If you wish to avoid certain cities or countries, where possible we will find an alternative option for you. Our Escorted Group Tours have always been flexible, so you are free to join a tour late or leave one early as required.
- If you feel safer travelling in a bubble with family and friends, then let us know. We can run exclusive departures for you and three or more others. You’ll enjoy all the same benefits of our normal tours, but with added peace of mind.
- Being the UK’s no.1 specialist in travel to Latin America, we have a wealth of information at our fingertips. We carefully follow the advice of each country you visit, making sure your tour is run entirely within the guidelines of safe travel. At times we may need to wear masks, or maintain a two metre distance, but we will be sure to have fun all the while!
- With such small group sizes, we can make sure that social distancing is not an issue. All our Classic Tours use only private vehicles, and almost all travel on our Discovery Tours is private too. This means we can offer two seats per person. Where public transport is used, including planes, trains and buses, we will only use companies that comply strictly with local safety guidelines.
- Our award-winning tour leaders are with you 24/7 and will make sure that all protocols are followed- not only by us, but by all your hotels, transporters and restaurants. They’ll also be ready with a bottle of hand sanitizer and a spare mask should you need one.
- We will continue to offer willing share rooms, but will ensure that you share with the same person for the entire tour.
- Joining in with evening meals is always optional, but rest assured that our tour leaders know the best restaurants with the most space in every place you visit – something the guidebook can’t tell you.
- Our tours are operated entirely by Journey Latin America and are led by our fully-trained tour leaders. We are well prepared to react quickly to changing circumstances- if that means a detour, a reroute or even bringing you home, we will be ready and you will be in safe hands.
Your edit for Latin American inspiration
Our exciting range of articles on Latin America explore everything from iconic destinations and lesser-known cultural gems to delicious traditional recipes. You’ll also find exclusive travel tips, first-hand client reviews and the chance to get your personal questions answered by our travel experts.View Extraordinary Inspiration