The best time to visit Honduras depends on your priorities: places visited, weather, availability, preferred activities, local seasonality, local festivals and events.
- The coastal lowlands have a hot tropical climate all year round with temperatures around 30°C. The mountainous interior has a milder climate: 18°C Dec - Jan and it is refreshingly cool at night then. The dry season is Dec-Apr, outside this period there may be afternoon showers, while you may come across a tropical storm in Sep – Nov.
- The best time to go to the ruins of Copán, set in low rolling hills, is the dry season it has a hot tropical climate all year round with temperatures ranging from 25-30oC.
- If you want to head to the Bay Islands for some scuba diving, the best time to visit the islands is Mar - Sep when the water is clear and untroubled and there is plenty of sunshine.
- Pico Bonito National Park comprises pristine tropical forest and the climate varies with altitude. The lowest reaches have a hot tropical climate all year round - 25-30oC. The best time for bird-watching is Nov - Jul.
- The best time to see a festival in Honduras is Semana Santa, Easter. Real enthusiasts for a quirky fiesta might choose to include the Festival Lluvia de Peces (Rain of Fish) in June. The commemoration of the arrival of the Garifuna communities is celebrated 12 Apr with music and dance groups.